Stony Point is a triangle-shaped town in Rockland County, New York, United States. It is part of the New York City Metropolitan Area. The town is located north of the town of Haverstraw, east and south of Orange County, New York, and west of the Hudson River and Westchester County.
Schools in Stony Point:
Landmarks and places of interest
- Gilmor Sloane House – 17 Crickettown Rd. An 1856 Victorian mansion with no televisions or telephones. An 1888 Barn Playhouse (Penguin Repertory) on grounds.
- Harriman State Park – A large state park partly in the western part of the town.
- Iona Island and Marsh – Between Jones Point and Bear Mountain. It was previously called "Weyants Island".
- Patriot Hills Golf Club – Ranked 20th Best Public Golf Course in New York 2010 by Golf Magazine
- Pyngyp School - (NRHP)
- Stony Point Battlefield – A state historic site, off Route 9W, Stony Point – Occupied by the British in 1779. (NRHP)
- Stony Point Light – Lighthouse built in 1828 to guide ships through the narrow part of the Hudson River. (NRHP)
- William H. Rose House (NRHP)
For more information about Stony Point and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Search Stony Point Homes for Sale
Copyright 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service. All Rights Reserved.
Data is updated as of Sep 15, 2019 7:53:am
All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed, and should be independently verified.
Today's Market Trends for Stony Point *
* All data pertains to single-family homes