Clarkstown is a town in Rockland County, New York, United States. The town is on the eastern border of the county, located north of the town of Orangetown, east of the town of Ramapo, south of the town of Haverstraw, and west of the Hudson River. The town of Clarkstown was created in 1791 in Orange County, before Rockland County was formed.
The town of Clarkstown is served by several school districts. The majority of the town is served by the Clarkstown Central School District, which educates students in New City, Bardonia, Congers, and West Nyack. The village of Upper Nyack as well as the hamlets of Valley Cottage and Central Nyack are served by the Nyack Public Schools, while the Hamlet of Nanuet is served by the Nanuet Union Free School District. A small portion on the western town border is served by the East Ramapo Central School District.
High schools located in the town include Clarkstown South High School in West Nyack, Clarkstown North High School in New City, Nyack Senior High School in Upper Nyack, and Nanuet Senior High School in Nanuet.
Clarkstown Going Green
- 2005 – Purchasing 10% of the energy used by town government from wind and solar sources.
- 2006 – Passing a tree preservation law.
- 2007 – Purchasing Hybrid vehicles and smaller cars.
- 2008 – Installing energy-efficient lighting (LED) at its parks and recreation building with sensors that automatically turn off lights when no motion is detected.
For more information about Clarkstown and the neighborhood, call a Q Home Sales Representative 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)
Search Clarkstown Homes for Sale
Copyright 2019 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service. All Rights Reserved.
Data is updated as of Sep 15, 2019 7:53:am
All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed, and should be independently verified.
Today's Market Trends for Clarkstown *
* All data pertains to single-family homes